The questions, such as moral decision-makers in business and economic policy behavior, against the Background of current events as acute as perhaps never before. Literature edit beyond simple counselors or superficial presentations to business ethics the subject objectively, there is little. The new edition of the UTB title business ethics answers these questions objectively, systematically, and at the same time understandable. The Following is a qualitative summary of contents:
(1) First, in the foundations of ethics (Chapter I), an integrative perspective of the ethics elaborated in the show, that it was, firstly, to the moral evaluation of decisions and actions, alike to the motives of the actors, their concrete actions and their consequences that second, a relationship of reciprocal influence between individuals and their surrounding institutions, and thirdly, the mono-logical ethic of Responsibility and the discourse with the parties Concerned complement each other.
(2) In the second Chapter, then the ethics of the Economics faced. Fundamental differences in the mindset of the two disciplines have led to the widely held view that economic and business ethics was such a thing as a “wooden iron”, i.e. a contradiction in itself.
(3) How the two disciplines still make sense in relationship will be able, in the third Chapter, demonstrated. First, ethics can be understood as a starting discipline and to the practice of business. Second, a morality of Economics is conceivable, in which the discipline of “Economics” is applied to the moral practice. Finally, you can seek to transfer the two disciplines together, and to make their de facto development in reverse. In the further course of the argument the first model in a applied economy is pursued in ethics. The tension between the disciplines of ethics and Economics is generally accepted, at the same time, also the intersections between morality and cost-effectiveness will play a large role.
(4) The application of ethical categories to the economy on various levels of action (Chapter IV). Of course, the imposition of morality in the individual economic actors, such as consumers, managers, employees, investors at first appears to be. As role models, and action of the economic actors are influenced by the economic framework, is to assign a moral responsibility at the same time, the designers of this framework. However, institutions themselves have a responsibility? May, in particular, companies are understood as moral actors?
(5) This question is answered positively and a responsibility of the company (Chapter V). The ethical category of responsibility is in harmony with the Chapter I developed the integrative perspective of ethics and recognized the concern of business ethics is particularly good. The Company and the people working to pay attention to the consequences of their economic decisions and to the Concerned responsible. Very often, this concern is also associated with the concepts of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or Corporate Responsibility (CR).
(6) The idea of responsibility, but only the input in the practice of the company, if it is systematically taken into account in the planning and decision – making processes, strategies, and institutions. There must be a Management responsibility take place. In chapters VI to IX are the building blocks of such ethical management are presented, wherein the individual and the institutional aspect of the ethics is to be linked. Chapter VI deals with the analytical component of the business ethics: a stakeholder analysis. Here are all of the that have to the company, legitimate claims are perceived, with the help of a systematic process, their concerns are analysed, and future concerns predicted. The claims are evaluated as a basis for a stakeholder management from responsibility.
(7) In Chapter VII, then what’s the strategic component of the company ethics at the heart of the consideration: How can stakeholder conflict through the harmonisation of Moral and economic interests defused?
(8) Chapter VIII is the personal component of the business ethics dedicated:
What is a Management responsibility for managers and the means
(9) Chapter IX deals with the question of how the internal institutions be designed in order for you a Management the responsibility to support.
(10) Finally, the influences are to be taken into account, which arise from the inter-company institutions to the individual companies (Chapter X). Because the company is not only the institutional environment for the decisions of the company members, it is also embedded itself in an environment and its influences. Sustainable success in the implementation of the idea of responsibility promises to be only the interaction of the three levels of business ethics: individual ethics and economic actors must come together with a supportive institutional framework at the level of the company and of the (global) regulatory framework.
This post is an excerpt from the new book on corporate ethics.
How can be implemented the business ethics as a Management responsibility? A stronger orientation of the corporate guide on the guiding principle of a life-serving economy is more and more demanded. Elisabeth Gödel discusses the philosophical foundations of ethics and clarifies the relationship of ethics and Economics. The focus is on the institutionalisation of ethics is on the level of the individual company.
>> Link to book
>> Link to the Service book
>> Link to the slides for lecturers
>> Link to the editorial